Listen live using the link below:
Fullhurst Community College is the first college / school in the UK to have a fully set up, professional, online community radio station which is run by students. Fullpower broadcasts around the clock online with music and live presentations aimed at young people and residents within the local community.
Fullpower.fm has already established a loyal far reaching following with listeners tuning in from as far afield as London, Wales, Italy, Germany, Brazil and New York.
Desert Island Discs
Desert Island Discs is a radio programme broadcast on BBC Radio 4. It was first broadcast in 1942. Each week a guest, called a 'castaway' during the programme, is asked to choose eight recordings that they would take if they were to be cast away on a desert island, whilst discussing their lives and the reasons for their choices.
Fullpower have taken this format and have invited Fullhurst Community College staff to come on air and tell us about three poignant songs:
- Mr Carlile Desert Island Discs
- Mr Campbell Desert Island Discs
- Mr Richards Desert Island Discs
- Mr Piggot Desert Island Discs
Fullpower news updates
- Another dazzling display by Fullpower at the Shine School Media Awards After receiving great feedback following the 2016 event, Fullpower were again invited to attend the Shine School Media Awards at Stationers' Hall in London on Monday 19 June 2017 to broadcast live from the event.
- Supporting homeless young people at Christmas Hats, gloves, warm jumpers, toiletries and lots of chocolate treats were amongst the hundreds of donations received for Fullpower's charity Christmas appeal for The Y Leicester.
- Fullpower Radio is a bully free zone The team at Fullpower.fm will be demonstrating their 'power for good' during Anti-Bullying Week 2016 by broadcasting special shows throughout the week. The shows will focus on the different types of bullying and presenters will be discussing where to find advice and support as well as playing inspirational and thought provoking tracks.
- Thanking Sgt Horn for his help getting Fullpower on air On Thursday 14 July 2016, three students from Fullhurst Community College visited Leicestershire Police Force Headquarters to present Sergeant Aaron Horn with an award in recognition of his contribution in getting the college’s community radio station on air.
- Fullpower sparkles at the Shine School Media Awards Fullpower were invited to attend the Shine School Media Awards at Stationers' Hall in London on Tuesday 21 June 2016 to broadcast live from the event.