At Fullhurst Community College we endeavour to develop a close relationship with parents and carers in order to support all students to achieve their full potential. We'd like to gather your opinions on where the college is success in these aims and areas where improvements could be made. To give your views, please complete this short survey of 10 questions.
Leading Parent Partnership Award (LPPA)
Fullhurst Community College is committed to gaining the Leading Parent Partnership Award (LPPA) by June 2018. The award will recognise the college's success in:
- supporting parents as their children transition through or between schools.
- including all groups of parents and careers in supporting their children's learning and developing their own learning.
- taking steps to ensure that the college is a welcoming, communicative and friendly place for parents.
- providing clear and accessible guidance to help parents support their children's learning and development.
- providing clear guidance on the responsibilities of parents, students and the college, and sharing this information with parents as a key part of the induction process.
- improving communication between home and school, particularly using digital technologies such as text, email, the college website.
- developing creative and practical ways to engage parents, listing to and acting upon parents' and carers' positive suggestions.
- working in close partnership with parents, carers, local schools, sport and community organisations.
We have written a Parent Partnership Policy and established a LPPA working group. It is anticipated that this work will have a positive impact on continued student progress, punctuality, attendance and behaviour as well as increased parental involvement in college life.
Fullhurst Community College's involvement in the LPPA is already starting to transform some of our thinking and built some very positive partnerships. We have recently collaborated with Trees for Cities and Environmental Studies to transform the local environment with a community tree planting event.