Free School Meals
Free School Meals
If you think you are eligible for the free school meals service, please visit the Leicester City Council website and click on 'apply online for free school meals' to compete the online form. Alternatively, you can call 0116 454 1009.
Free school meal qualifying criteria:
- Income support
- Income-based jobseeker's allowance
- Income-related employment and support allowance
- National asylum seeker support
- Child tax credit (provided you’re not also entitled to working tax credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- The guaranteed element of state pension credit
- Working tax credit run-on - paid for four weeks after you stop qualifying for working tax credit
Even if you do not intend for your child to eat school meals, completing the form could help the college to access extra funding through the Pupil Premium, which is spent on raising achievement of Fullhurst students.
The Hardship Fund
The Hardship Fund exists to support Fullhurst students whose family circumstances mean that they may need support and financial assistance, for example with buying uniform or participating in educational trips and events. As there are only limited funds, we endeavour to ensure that grants reach those most in need of support. If this is something that you would like to enquire about, please contact your child's Head of Year. We are thankful to Mike Cummins, of Cummins Solicitors, for his continued support of the Fullhurst Hardship Fund.
Holiday Food Programme
Leicester City Council are running a programme throughout the summer holidays to provide food and fun activities for children who receive free school meals. The programme aims to alleviate any pressure on families during the holidays and provide engagement for local children.
To find out more view the letter below and to check for your closest location follow this link.