At Fullhurst Community College we endeavour to develop a close relationship with parents and carers in order to support all students to achieve their full potential. We'd like to gather your opinions on where the college is success in these aims and areas where improvements could be made. To give your views, please complete this short survey of 10 questions.
Leading Parent Partnership Award (LPPA)
Fullhurst Community College is committed to gaining the Leading Parent Partnership Award (LPPA) by June 2018. The award will recognise the college's success in:
- supporting parents as their children transition through or between schools.
- including all groups of parents and careers in supporting their children's learning and developing their own learning.
- taking steps to ensure that the college is a welcoming, communicative and friendly place for parents.
- providing clear and accessible guidance to help parents support their children's learning and development.
- providing clear guidance on the responsibilities of parents, students and the college, and sharing this information with parents as a key part of the induction process.
- improving communication between home and school, particularly using digital technologies such as text, email, the college website.
- developing creative and practical ways to engage parents, listing to and acting upon parents' and carers' positive suggestions.
- working in close partnership with parents, carers, local schools, sport and community organisations.
We have written a Parent Partnership Policy and established a LPPA working group. It is anticipated that this work will have a positive impact on continued student progress, punctuality, attendance and behaviour as well as increased parental involvement in college life.
In June, we held our first LPPA working group meeting; a huge thank you to those parents who attended. The meeting was extremely productive. The group discussed the responses received to date to the LPPA initial survey. Overall, the group considered the results to be an accurate reflection of parental views. A useful discussion took place centred around what information parents would like about homework and their child's learning and how they would like to receive it. The group also considered what family events they would like to see organised for the next academic year. We will be distributing the results of the survey to all parents in September.
Fullhurst Community College's involvement in the LPPA is already starting to transform some of our thinking and build some very positive partnerships. We have recently collaborated with Trees for Cities and Environmental Studies to transform the local environment with a community tree planting event. We also worked with Enderby Dodgeball Club to jointly host a charity fun day in aid of the Bodie Hodges Foundation. It was a fabulous day with lots of activities for families to enjoy.