Year 10 students get a taste of further education
Yesterday's Discovery Day was an opportunity for year 10 students to explore the exciting world of further education and try out practical and inspiring workshops in Leicester College’s industry standard facilities.
Benefits of the day included the opportunity for students and staff to widen their knowledge of further education and find out more about subjects that may be unfamiliar to them. There was the opportunity to chat to qualified careers advisors and teaching staff to find out about progression routes and qualifications post-16.
Year 10 students were asked to select from a wide range of workshops with Fullhurst students opting for:
- Motor vehicle body and paint: Learning basic motor vehicle body repair and paint skills in the practical engineering workshop.
- Sport: Enjoying fun team games and finding out about courses and careers in sport.
- Music technology: Using state-of-the-art Mac suites and learning how to make a track to take away on CD.
- Uniformed public services: Improving communication skills by taking part in fun team-building activities and finding out about courses and careers in uniformed public services.
- Childcare: Finding out about nursery nursing and the care of babies using baby simulators and equipment for feeding, bathing, changing and dressing babies.
All students found the event extremely useful with many commenting on the outstanding facilities - Thanks Leicester College!