Ofsted and Parents View
Fullhurst Community College was inspected by Ofsted on 16 January 2018. The visit was the first short inspection carried out since the college was judged to be good in October 2012. We are very proud to announce that Fullhurst Community College continues to be good. This is a reflection of the fantastic work that goes on at Fullhurst on a daily basis. View / download a copy of the full Ofsted report below or via the Ofsted website (available from Monday 26 February).
Here are some of the comments we are most proud of:
- Leaders have high expectations and strive to improve the quality of teaching, pupils’ outcomes and the culture of aspiration within the school and the local community.
- There is a clear-sighted focus on improving GCSE outcomes, combined with a deep-seated moral commitment to serving the needs of the young people in the area, especially the most vulnerable.
- Staff work hard to maintain the schools many strengths and improve the school further.
- Pupils feel supported both academically and pastorally.
- Pupils cooperate well and are respectful to each other, adults and visitors and expressed pride in being part of a tolerant and diverse school community.
- Pupils are clear about the link between good attendance and academic achievement.
- Safeguarding is a strength of the school. Pupils feel safe and are confident about whom to go to if they have a concern.
- The behaviour of pupils is good overall. Pupils said that staff manage behaviour consistently and effectively.
- Pupils and their parents now have higher aspirations for next steps in education, training or employment.
Fullhurst Community College was inspected by Ofsted on the 5th November 2020. The visit was conducted under section 8 of the Education Act 2005(as amended)and in accordance with Ofsted’s published procedures forvisiting schools while routine inspections are temporarily suspended. Following changes to government guidance and the imposition of COVID-19 (coronavirus) lockdown restrictions, this visit was conducted remotely to reduce pressure on the school.
Ofsted Parent View
If you are a parent or carer and want to give your views about Fullhurst Community College (in addition to our annual Kirkland Rowell Parental survey) you can do this through Ofsted Parent View.
Ofsted Parents View
We are committed to engaging you as parents, to ensure your contribution counts in shaping the college's future. At Fullhurst we place great emphasis on continually evaluating and responding to your views.
As you aware, at Fullhurst we are proud to be recognised as one of the most improved colleges in the country. In 2018, Ofsted graded Fullhurst ‘good’ in all categories and Challenge Partners Review, most recently in 2020, suggested the school has many outstanding features. We are proud of our students’ achievements which continue to increase year on year. Clearly, the college, in partnership with parents, wishes to continue these improvements and strives towards 'outstanding' in all areas.
Ofsted Parent View gives you the chance to tell us what you think about Fullhurst Community College. Simply register and visit the Give your views tab.