Modern Foreign Languages
Welcome to Modern Foreign Languages
Having a second language is vital for success in today’s global economies. Learning to communicate in another language gives you an insight into life in different parts of the world and helps you to develop your confidence – particularly when speaking aloud. Obviously, it’s also very useful if you go on holiday!
- understand and respond to spoken and written language.
- speak with increasing confidence.
- read and listen confidently to native speakers.
Key Stage 3
Lessons ensure students gain knowledge and understanding of increasingly challenging topics from ‘Holidays’, ‘Great British Bake Off’ to ‘Harry Potter’, ‘Superheroes’ and ‘Celebrities in the Modern World’ while simultaneously developing their reading, writing, speaking and listening skills.
Key Stage 4
- 25% listening exam (one exam taken at the end of the GCSE course)
- 25% reading exam (one exam taken at the end of the GCSE course)
- 25% speaking exam (one exam taken at the end of the GCSE course)
- 25% writing exam (one exam taken at the end of the GCSE course)
- extra language workshops.
- teaching pupils from feeder primary schools by our students and teachers.
- annual French trip to Paris.
- exposure to international languages.
Please contact main reception on 0116 282 4326 or via email@example.com if you require any further information about the curriculum.
|Mrs N Kane||Curriculum Leader MFL|
|Ms J Facer||Teacher of MFL|
|Miss E Bracey||Teacher of MFL|
|Mr M Martinez||Teacher of MFL|