- Thursday 27th February - Year 9 Parents & Options evening
- Monday 9th March - Deadline for returning provisional options forms to tutors.
- Weeks beginning 16th March, 23rd March, 30th March - 1-1 interviews with all students about their option choices.
- Friday 1st May - Deadline for return of options confirmation forms.
Important things to consider in the Options Process
- What you would like to do in the future.
- Subjects that you enjoy.
- Subjects that you are successful in.
- Talking to subject teachers about what the GCSE or Technical Award involves.
Things not to consider:
- Doing just what your friends have picked
- Wanting to be taught by certain teachers.
All students will study the mandatory PE lessons with the opportunity to gain a BTEC Sport qualification.
If you do not want your son/daughter to gain this qualification, and they have not opted to study GCSE PE, you can opt out by informing Mr Willcock in writing before Monday 9th March. All students have been made aware of this. They will still be expected to take part in all compulsory PE lessons.
Please also find attached a copy of the options booklet, which includes the options form at the back, and a copy of the PowerPoint shown to students in assembly, on 12th and 26th February, and to parents in the open evening on 27th February.
If you have any questions about the options process at Fullhurst, please contact main reception on 0116 282 4326.